Sunday, July 10, 2011

June 10, 2011



Ugh, not the loveliest of weather on this Sunday in July.  It was in the mid-nineties, which isn't a problem, but the humidity was unbelievably high. You couldn't walk outside without breaking a sweat and feeling completely disgusting.  If you look at the afternoon and evening pictures above, you can even see the sick haziness in the air.  I went for a walk late morning/early afternoon and came back drenched.  I was glad to have to work for the rest of the day in order to stay in the air conditioning.  I had to work from 3 to 6 p.m., and now I'm on a 12-hour duty shift that will end at 7 a.m. tomorrow.  Between 6 and 7 p.m. I ventured outside quick to grab something from my room that I forgot, and I really wished I didn't have to be outside.  I think the heat index was still over 100 at 9:30 p.m. when I last checked the Lincoln weather.  Bleh.  There's a pretty good chance of storms tonight, so maybe some of that rain will actually take some of the heaviness out of the air.  It seems like the air (usually) less horrific after an overnight rain, as contradictory as that may sound.  I have a feeling that might not be the case this time, though.  When it's forecast to be 97 degrees tomorrow, it's hard to feel optimistic.  Summer has definitely arrived...

I can't say anything else too interesting about my day.  Woke up, goofed around, watched the end of the epic USA/Brazil women's soccer game, and worked.  Nothing too special.  I did find out that I got a 100 in my Spanish 303 class.  There's some nice padding for the ol' cumulative GPA...  Spanish 304 starts tomorrow and I have the same teacher.  I don't plan to slack, but I can't say I'm overly concerned about my grade in this next class either.

No comments:

Post a Comment