Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 16, 2011



So, yesterday was a nice break from my usual routine.  My mom, brother, and sister were in town for the Cornhusker State Games, so I was able to see them multiple times throughout the day.  My poor brother had to play in the ridiculous heat three times yesterday.  I believe he ended up changing his sweat-soaked clothes three different times throughout the day, and he stank to high heaven both times he came to my dorm room.  He'll have to face the heat again today because he has a couple consolation matches to play this afternoon and evening.  My sister and I were a little better off than my brother and mother because we got to spend the hottest parts of the day in air conditioning.  My sister was dying to get to the new Harry Potter movie, so we went over to the Grand Theatre in downtown Lincoln.  It's sad, but even though I'm going to be a junior in college, yesterday was the first time that I've been there.  I had no idea it looked so impressive inside.  It's definitely a lot nicer than any of the theaters in Grand Island.  Anyway, it was a great movie, and my sister and I were emotionally wrecked for the rest of the day.  My sister was more upset about sad events in the plot of the movie, but most of my emotion was nostalgia.  I turned 19 over 9 months ago, but I've never felt like such an adult as I did after the movie was over.  My childhood is gone. :(

Anyway, after seeing off my family, I headed straight to a duty shift in another building.  It was extremely uneventful due to the fact that there were only two people in the entire building.  I didn't do much except hang around and watch Hulu.  I did snap a shot of the sunset (seen above).  It didn't translate very well into a picture, but the sun looked pretty awesome.  Usually, without a couple clouds in the sky, sunsets are pretty lame, but yesterday the sun was just a giant red ball sitting on the horizon. Well, that's really all I have for now.  I'm currently working a noon to six desk shift, so I won't have to face the afternoon heat.  I'll get to see my brother, mother, and father (my sister is taking her turn dogsitting at home) again today after my shift, so I'm looking forward to that.  My father hasn't been to one of my dorm rooms since the day I moved in freshman year, so it should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment