Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 27, 2011


This morning, I decided to go for my walk a bit early and break in my new tennis shoes.  The new Nikes were great, but the weather was not.  I probably left around 8:45 a.m. and got back around 10 a.m., and I was drenched in sweat.  The heat and humidity was unbelievable for that early in the morning.  The rest of the day I spent indoors.  I know it was quite uncomfortable at times, but I avoided the hottest part of the afternoon.  I skipped class because of my staff meeting (the last of the summer!) and now I'm working the desk in the dorm where my coworkers and I live.  I'm already about two and a half hours into my shift, and it has been going pretty quickly.  The nice thing about working in this particular dorm is the fact that you're guaranteed to see someone you know at some point, so things don't get quite as boring.

I've been entertaining myself for the past couple hours by brainstorming about floor themes and door tags that I will need to make for my floor fairly soon.  My family suggested a "Survivor" theme, so I've been designing a modified logo for one of the bulletin boards.  So far, it's just an idea, but I'm seriously considering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment