Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 30, 2011


Sorry for the delayed post.  Last night I was on duty with a coworker who I'm a little better friends with, so we spent the whole time talking and hanging out, and I didn't have a chance to make a post.  Anyway, yesterday was a hot, humid, sunny Saturday.  I was happy to see the sun back in action, even if it was really freaking hot outside.  I have nothing out of the ordinary to share except that I'm happy that my duty last night is the last time I have duty away from "home".  My next duty will be on Thursday, but I'll get to sleep in my own bed.  I only have one other desk shift to deal with, as well.  I'm extremely happy that my work schedule is pretty much empty from here on out.  I have too much crap to think about: RA training, finishing up my class, moving into my academic year housing, preparing for fall semester.  If I had a ton of work on top of that, it would just be bad.

Anyway, in just about ten or fifteen minutes, I will be taking off for Omaha to visit my friend.  I've never driven there by myself, so I'm a little nervous.  I don't have a GPS, and I really don't want to miss my exit.  I've studied the route and prepared sticky notes for my steering wheel, so I'm hoping that's good enough.  Pray for me...this should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment