Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 7, 2011



I woke up this morning around 7 a.m. to the sound of light rain on my window.  I don't think Lincoln got a tremendous amount of rain, but is was enough to pump plenty of water and heaviness into the air for the day.  After the rain stopped around 8:30 a.m., the sky starting clearing off immediately (Picture 1), and the sun came out.  It was partly cloudy all afternoon (Picture 2) and in the low 80's.  The temperature  drop kept it from feeling as hot as the past few days, but it was still uncomfortable to do anything physical outside for an extended period of time.

In other news, today was the second-to-last day of my Spanish class.  It won't feel like I'm starting a new class, though, because next Monday I start another Spanish class with the same teacher.  Fortunately, I like this teacher, so I'm not too worried about it.  I'm just excited to have three more credit hours under my belt and to get one step closer to a Spanish minor.  Also, I was offered a job this morning as a Resident Assistant (RA).  I haven't formally accepted the position yet, but I certainly will be.  Free room and board is just too good to pass up.  With that compensation for the RA position, I'll be basically going to school for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment