Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11, 2011



It's Monday...  My duty shift last night was uneventful--no problems with campers, no storms, and actually no people on my floor.   However, for whatever reason, I slept horribly.  The bed was uncomfortable, the air conditioner was loud, and I tossed and turned for hours.  After that fabulous night of rest, I got up a little before 7 a.m. to clock out and eat breakfast.  Usually, I go back to bed after duty, but I opted to go for a morning walk instead (to avoid the afternoon heat).  Even at lower temperatures, the walk was somewhat uncomfortable.  The air was thick (though not as thick as yesterday), and the temperature climbed about 10 degrees in the time that I was gone.  The rest of my day consisted of hanging around in my room, going to the first day of my new class, and working.  I'm actually currently working at a desk, and my crappy night of sleep is finally catching up with me.

There's really nothing else interesting to say, and I'm too tired to think of anything creative.  To quickly explain the pictures, the top shows the haziness of late morning, and the second is a picture of a random cloud bank that was coming in.  It was hot and humid, but not quite as bad as yesterday.  Tomorrow is supposed to be in the *gasp* 80's.  What a cool down...

No comments:

Post a Comment