Thursday, July 21, 2011

July 21, 2011


And just like that, the humidity is back...  Today was a slight break in the streak of super high temperatures (it only got to about 90), but the humidity returned thanks to overnight storms.  I--and pretty much everyone else I talked to--was woken up by some seriously loud thunder around 3:30 a.m.  I'm not sure how much it rained or how long it stormed, but the the noise was pretty impressive.  When I woke up again around 7 a.m., the sidewalks were drying, but it was very blue to the north.  I went for a walk anyway, but a few times I feared that the blue clouds were getting closer and that I was going to get drenched by a random downpour.  Fortunately, that did not happen, and my walk was fairly cool and pleasant (albeit a little humid).  Eventually, it did get hot and uncomfortable again, but it took awhile to get to that point.  Even around 1:30 p.m. it was still cool and breezy compared to the past few days.

Anyway, I honestly have nothing else fascinating to share.  I'm on a duty shift at the moment, but I'm happy because it's the last shift I'll have to work until Sunday night.  I'm really glad my work schedule has slowed down because ight now I'm "over it" when it comes to my current summer class/work.  I'm glad to get in a few days to myself before RA training and the beginning of the fall semester arrive.  Welp, I that's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment