Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 19, 2011


I'm about to go for a morning walk, but I figured I better not delay this post any more than necessary.  Yesterday, weather-wise, was pretty much the same as every other day for the past week.  It was clear and it was hot.  The only difference I noticed was that it seems a lot less humid than a few days ago.  The heat index is still high, but the heat felt much dryer than previous days.  You felt like you were in an oven rather than a tropical rainforest...

As usual, I went for a walk, went to class, blah, blah, blah.  The main difference was that I had the opportunity to talk to a friend I hadn't seen in long time.  She transferred from UNL to MIT back in January, so I haven't had any contact with her other than Facebook since she left.  I had an excellent time catching up with her and hearing about MIT/Boston.  Other than that, the only other anomalies in my day were when I saw Prince Amukamara by Memorial Stadium on my morning walk and Bo Pelini in the Parking and Transit Services Office.  Since Prince is a big shot who's been drafted by the NFL now, I wasn't expecting to see him in little ol' Lincoln, NE anymore.  Bo Pelini I just haven't seen that close before (within about ten feet).  When I walked in he was being kind of a jerk to the lady working...  Hmmm.  I can't say it would surprise me that he's a rude person, but I walked in during the middle of the conversation, so maybe he had a right to be annoyed.  I don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment