Friday, July 8, 2011

July 8, 2011


'Twas another clear, hot day in the Capitol City.  However, many aspects of this day made it better than usual.

1) It's Friday!  Now, weekends are virtually meaningless with the job that I have, but it's still nice that I won't have to go to class tomorrow.

2) It was the LAST day of my first Spanish class.  Granted, my next class starts on Monday, but it still feels good to have one finished.  I have no idea what my grade is yet, but I can't say I'm too worried about which letter I'll find on my transcript this weekend.

3) I accepted a job that I was offered yesterday as a Resident Assistant with the university.  I originally applied this spring and was named an "alternate," and a spot finally opened up for me this summer!  I'm pretty stoked.  It sound might sound like a lame gig to you, but it means I'll get free room and board during the academic year, which is HUGE.  I already have free tuition (plus some), so with my job compensation, I'll basically be going to college for free.  It's freaking awesome.

4) Lastly, I didn't work today!  Always a bonus...

Tomorrow, on the other hand, I will be stuck at a desk from noon to 6 p.m.  It's supposed to be hot and clear again, so I guess I'm not missing much.  Oddly, I'm a little disappointed that I won't have any homework to do for my shifts this weekend.  It's harder than you would expect to fill 6 hours of dead time on a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment