Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 6, 2011


So, I intended to write this post during my 6 to midnight shift last night, but I forgot to upload the picture to my computer before I went to work, and I hadn't brought along my camera or USB cord.  Anyway, this picture is actually a rare early morning shot.  Honestly, the only time I see this part of the day is if I have a duty shift the night before and need to get up earlier than usual to clock out.  As the photo suggests, it was another clear day outside.  The humidity was very low, but the temperature was VERY high.  I believe the temperature got to around 97 degrees at its peak in late afternoon.   Unfortunately, I had to work in a building on East Campus with a terrible air conditioning system.  I had nothing but a tiny--yet surprisingly loud--fan to keep air circulating behind the desk.  

In other news, my class started yesterday.  I'm taking a 300-level Spanish class that is meant to improve reading comprehension.  The class is small (only 13 or 14 people), and goes for 95 minutes every single day.  I can't tell yet how challenging the class will be.  I'm hoping that it's challenging enough to not be boring, but easy enough that it doesn't cause much stress.  I did my first reading assignment yesterday, and I was quite surprised by how long it took to read the second passage that was assigned to us.  I didn't mind the length of time it took me to read, though, because it kept my shift from dragging too much.  We'll see how Day 2 of my class goes in a few minutes!

Glancing out my window today, the view looks very much the same.  Still, not a cloud in the sky.  According to the forecast, the weather is supposed to be identical to yesterday and top out at 97 degrees. Looking ahead a few days, we're supposed to experience a major cool-down at the end of the week.  We're supposed to dip back into the 70's and have the possibility of storms on Thursday and Friday.  I can't say I'm disappointed.  The dry heat hasn't bothered me much, but I would be overjoyed to see a cloud or two in the sky. Clear skies get really boring really quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment