Sunday, June 19, 2011

June 18, 2011



Yesterday was a glorious day.  It was the first time I've had a day off on the weekend for about a month, and it was excellent.  I was worried that I would get bored with all of my free time, but that was not an issue.  I was able to sleep in, spend a lot of time outdoors, catch up on reading, watch complete television shows, etc. My friend gave me some Netflix login information so I could watch Dexter.  I ended up watching three episodes before bed, and I was thoroughly entertained.  My only complaint, being a forensic science major, was the way the characters tromped through crime scenes stepping on evidence and picking stuff up without documenting it.  Like all CSI TV shows, it definitely did not reflect reality.  I am going to continue watching, however.  This show doesn't try to pretend to be too scientific, so it doesn't bother me as much when they're dead wrong.

Anyway, the weather yesterday just added to the awesomeness of my Saturday.  It was right around 80 (maybe slightly higher) all day, and mostly clear.  The picture above shows what the sky looked like around 7 or 8 p.m.  It clouded up a little, but cleared off again once it got dark outside.  I was going to try for a sunset picture, but the sky in the west was ugly.  There were too many clouds in that direction, and it started to get extremely humid late in the evening, so it was just a hazy mess.  I can try again tonight.  I'm working right now (huge surprise), and I get off at noon, so I'll have one more night of opportunity before I'm booked solid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment