Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 29, 2011



Today was a hot one.  It was sunny, clear, and around 95 degrees.  I don't think the humidity was extremely high, but it was high enough to enhance the heat.  I wisely decided to take a walk in the morning when it was only about 70 degrees.  Even then, the temperature was rising so quickly enough that, when I got back, it was already starting to feel pretty toasty.  Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter.  The forecast says 101, so I'll have to keep watch to see if we actually reach triple digits.  If we do, it will be the first time this summer.

Other than endure the heat, I had class, a staff meeting, and now I'm on a duty shift.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel, though.  Starting when I clock out at 7 a.m. tomorrow morning, I do not have to work until next Tuesday at 7 p.m.!  I wish I could say the same about my class, but still, that's the longest break I've had since May.  I am really looking forward to going home, where I will not only be able to see my immediate family, but a few cousins, an aunt, an uncle, and grandparents that I don't get to see all that often.  Only a couple more days, and I'll be GI-bound!

Edit:  I made this post in such a hurry that I forgot to explain the second picture.  The second picture shows a crane/construction device that they just brought in by Memorial Stadium.  The east side of the stadium has been torn up all summer because they've been working on the East Campus Expansion Project.  I have no idea how they're going to clean everything up for football season, but I fear it's going to be a mess...

No comments:

Post a Comment