Friday, June 3, 2011

June 3, 2011


So, I had a both a morning picture and an evening picture as options for this post, but I chose the evening picture.  The morning picture looked identical to the picture from yesterday, so I thought a difference in lighting would make things a little more interesting.  As I said earlier in the day (when I wrote the post for June 2), I didn't experience the weather during the day because I was stuck behind a desk.  The shift was actually fairly entertaining for the most part, but I still don't like noon to 6 p.m. shifts very much.  I feel like it eats up the entire day!   Anyway, I went for a walk after I got off work at 6 p.m. and it was still fairly hot.  The sun wasn't as intense, but it still felt sticky outside despite the low relative humidity.  Still, though, it wasn't so hot that it was extremely uncomfortable, and I was able to enjoy my walk.

One thing I noticed was that this was the first night in a long time that I would have had an opportunity for a sunset picture.  Almost all of my shifts are at night, so I only have a limited number of nights to see the sunset this month.  Unfortunately, even though I didn't work, I could tell the sunset tonight wasn't going to be good.  The sky hasn't been terribly pretty the past few days due to a nasty looking haze that just sits on the horizon all day and night.   That kind of sky makes for icky yellow light and ugly sunsets.    Still, I'm hoping that on the few days when I do get a chance to capture the sunset that the sky actually looks decent.  We'll see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment