Friday, June 17, 2011

June 17, 2011


This picture shows the scene I awoke to when I opened my blinds this lovely Friday morning.  It was a sunny, fairly hot day.  I wasn't outdoors for most of the afternoon because I did a little shopping immediately after class.  I did have the opportunity to spend some time outdoors this evening, and even then it was hotter than I would have expected.  Overall, not a bad day at all: easy class, a good haul from my shopping trip, a nice walk, and a very short shift at work.  I'm actually on the last leg of that short desk shift.  I only had to work from 9 p.m. to midnight tonight, so this shift is only half as long as usual.  The time at this desk has absolutely flown by.  When you get so used to six hours, three hours passes by like nothing.  I'm also super excited because I have NOTHING going on tomorrow.  No work, no class, no obligations whatsoever.  That hasn't happened for quite some time, so it makes me extremely happy.  I'll probably end up bored tomorrow, but I think we all need to be bored sometimes to make class/work more bearable.

Finally, here's another feeble attempt at a sunset pic.  I snapped this through the window before I hurried off to my shift.  I wish I had been able to wait around until the sun actually set.  Oh, well.  As I said before, I don't have to work tomorrow, so maybe I'll get a sweet sunset shot tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment