Monday, June 27, 2011

June 26, 2011



This post is way late, so I'll try to keep it short.  Basically, when I woke up yesterday morning (a Sunday), I could barely see the capitol building through the obscenely thick fog.  It depressed and disgusted me so much that I forgot to take a picture at that particular time.  The first picture shows later morning when the fog had eased up slightly, and the second picture is in the afternoon when the sun was trying (unsuccessfully) to burn off some of mist.  It's okay that it sucked outside, though, because I had to work for most of the day anyway.  I had the morning off, but from 12 p.m. yesterday to 7 a.m. this morning (not counting about an hour and a half off the clock yesterday afternoon), I was working somewhere.  This isn't something I typically say, but yesterday was a perfect day to be inside.

Then, last night while I was on duty, there was a nasty little thunderstorm that rolled through town.  I couldn't leave the building, but I watched from the front door as it rained like crazy and hailed (probably quarter to ping pong ball sized).  That particular storm blew through pretty quickly, but overnight there was a storm that came with unbelievably loud thunder.  The lightning must have been right on top of us because there was almost no delay between the "flash" and "boom".  Anyway, enough about yesterday. Today is shaping up to be a much better day weather-wise, and I don't work, so I'm going to get off the computer to go enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment