Sunday, June 12, 2011

June 11, 2011


I actually had all the time in the world to make this post yesterday, but it just didn't happen.  After a terrible sleep on my duty shift, I got up at 5:15 a.m. to get ready and go to my 6 a.m. desk shift.  Once the first hour had passed, I felt pretty decent and fatigue wasn't getting to me at all.  My energy lasted all afternoon until about 6 p.m.  I was in the middle of walking around and taking pictures on campus (something I haven't had time to do for a couple weeks) when I started feeling really rough.  Every time I would bend down to take a picture of something, I would get a massive head rush when I stood back up.  I didn't want to pass out on some random sidewalk on campus, so I decided to head back to my dorm.  I felt that going to bed at 7:30 p.m. was too ridiculous, so I watched TV for another hour or so before calling it a night at 9 p.m.  I ended up sleeping for 12 hours!  That sounds excessive, but I think I needed it to make up for all the missing hours of sleep I accumulated over the course of the week...

Anyway, my exhaustion aside, yesterday was an excellent day as far as the weather was concerned.  It was sunny, calm, and what I consider the "perfect" temperature at around 75 degrees.  Not a bad day at all!  Today, I have most of the day to myself, but I do have to work from 6 p.m. to midnight tonight.  Then, tomorrow, I have my first day off of work in 13 days!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment