Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 16, 2011



I woke up this morning to clock out, and glanced out my window to see Picture 1.  The sky was looking rather ominous for so early in the morning, so I checked radar, and there was a tremendous amount of rain heading in Lincoln's direction.  After I clocked out, I went to bed for another two hours, but that didn't keep me from noticing when it started to rain.  I could hear the rain hitting my window as well as occasional thunder for quite some time.  Ultimately, though, Lincoln didn't get any more serious than some heavy rain.  Fortunately for me, the rain was done by the time I had to walk to class.   During my Spanish class, I could see through the windows that the clouds were breaking up.  The rest of the day was sunny, mostly clear, and (shockingly) not humid.  There are supposed to be more showers and thunderstorms tonight, but there is absolutely nothing on the radar at the moment.   I still have a good four hours until my shift is over, so there's definitely still a possibility that I will be heading home in a thunderstorm.  We'll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment