Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13, 2011


Yeah...so, today was an epic fail by the National Weather Service.  From yesterday until about 1 p.m. today (the last time I checked the weather), the forecast insisted that today was supposed to be partly cloudy and 80 degrees.  Well, they were off by about ten degrees, and they got the skycast wrong, too.  I'm not even sure if it broke 70 today, and we never saw a speck of blue sky.  Lame.  I don't know how they got it so horribly wrong, but someone dropped the ball.

Despite the less than ideal weather, I still had a great day.  Fortunately, I had no work today, so it gave me the opportunity to spend time with an old childhood friend.  I haven't seen/talked to her in person for about three years, so it was great to catch up.  I ate at Chipotle with her, so people can't bug me anymore about never having been there.  Honestly, I do not understand why people make such a fuss over Chipotle and Qdoba.  I had a chicken burrito at each restaurant (I went to Qdoba for the first time a few weeks ago), and the food tastes virtually the same at both restaurants.  Personally, I think the food is good (but not fantastic), and it's pretty expensive.  I don't see myself going back to either restaurant unless someone drags me there.  Restaurant food just fails to impress me the vast majority of the time.  I'd take a home-grilled venison steak over some overpriced fast food dish any day of the week.

Anyway, enough about the food.  We also went to Morrill Hall on UNL's campus to look at all the dinosaur/mammoth bones, rocks, and other historical items.  My friend isn't a university student, but the museum worker assumed that we were both students and let us both in for free (haha!).  I haven't been through the entire museum since the 4th grade, so it was nice to take some time to examine the exhibits more closely.  After our free museum walk-through, we decided to drive to the mall to hang out.  We didn't actually buy anything (we're both stingy with our money), but we needed something to do indoors since the weather sucked.  We browsed for a while, but ultimately spent most of our time chatting in the food court.  Our conversation eventually moved back to my dorm, where we hung out for a few minutes before my friend took off for home again.  It was a marvelous way to spend my day off, and I hope we're able to meet up again soon.  We certainly can't go another three years without seeing each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment