Friday, June 24, 2011

June 24, 2011


I woke up to clear and sunny skies.  Everything outside looked perfectly normal, but radar did not.  There were some spotty, isolated thunderstorms heading east towards Lincoln that were NOT predicted by forecasters.  I knew they had arrived when I heard screams through my tenth story window from people on the ground below.  I looked out in time to see people dashing for cover to avoid getting drenched by the sudden torrential downpour.   Obviously, I lack compassion because I thought it was hilarious.  It brightened my Friday morning...

Fortunately, these thunderstorms were extremely isolated and were out of the area well before my class.  Unfortunately, it created the perfect conditions for a hot and muggy day.  It wasn't awful, but it definitely made it a little more uncomfortable to be outside.  Anyway, I am about 20 minutes away from the end of my desk shift.   I worked a weird block of time today (3 p.m. to 9 p.m.), but it's actually to my advantage.  I hung out with a coworker for nearly two hours off the clock last night, so I didn't go to bed until 2 a.m.  This odd shift gives me the opportunity to go to bed before midnight for a change...

No comments:

Post a Comment