Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31, 2011


Well, I'm back in Lincoln after a nice Memorial Day in Grand Island with my family.  When I left on Friday night I had to outrun storms that were forming right on top of Lincoln, but I managed to get out without too much trouble.  There was a really bizarre haze over the land between Lincoln and Grand Island, and by the time I got to GI it was extremely dark, gloomy, and misty.  Then, Memorial Day was unbelievably windy and fairly hot.  There were Weather Channel stormchasers in Nebraska all afternoon and evening due to a strong possibility of severe weather.  Ultimately, they did not find the tornadoes that they were looking for, though Grand Island did have some nasty wind blow through.  Despite all of the weather issues yesterday, I really enjoyed hanging out at home with my family and doing nothing.  God knows that I won't have much time for "nothing" in June.  I basically work every single day for the next months AND I have a class.

Anyway, I can't say much about the weather in Lincoln today because I didn't spend much time in Lincoln.  I only got back about an hour before my shift, so this picture was just quickly snapped before I forgot completely.  In GI, at least, today was much more pleasant than yesterday.  It was a little hot, maybe, but at least the wind had calmed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment