Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23, 2011


My day started off bright and early at 4:50 a.m.  I had a 6 a.m. to noon shift, so I had to get up extremely early in order to get ready and walk over to the appropriate building in time.  Getting up at 5 a.m. is rough, to say the very least.  After I got to the shift, I felt surprisingly awake, but during training this afternoon I was going down for the count.  It took every ounce of willpower in me to keep my eyes open during training this afternoon.  I really don't believe that human beings are meant to be up and about between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 a.m.

Tomorrow, it's back to work again.  I will get to miss the majority of training because I will be working.  In this situation, I don't have a problem with that at all.  All of the training is repeat from last year, so it gets a bit dull.  You get paid either way, and I'd rather be working at a desk than listening to information I already know.  Also, there are supposed to be some potentially wicked storms coming our way tomorrow afternoon and evening, so things could get interesting.  It's is the first day of state golf, so if a bunch of storms roll in, it might throw a wrench into the flow of the tournament.

Anyway, I am dead tired at the moment.  I haven't gone to bed earlier than 11 p.m. in a very long time, but I think I may have to tonight.  I don't think I can make it another half hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment