Friday, May 27, 2011

May 27, 2011


Well, it wasn't the sunniest or warmest of days, but it wasn't awful.  When I woke up all of the sidewalks were wet, so I assume we got at least a little precipitation overnight.  It hasn't rained a drop since I woke up at 8 a.m., though, which makes me very happy.  According to the satellite radar, the clouds are slowly drifting away, but the nearest sunlight is still about 100 miles west in my hometown (Grand Island).  If the sun makes it out today at all, I will probably not be outside to see it.  I work a six to midnight at a desk, so I would only be able to see a few feeble rays of light through the main door anyway.

Normally, I save blogging for desk shifts to help pass the time, but today I chose to post earlier in the day.  I'm working a shift with a new coworker--a "First Year" if you will--and I felt it would be rude to ignore them to post while I'm supposed to be teaching them about the job.  Plus, I'm not positive that I want any of my coworkers to be aware of this little blog.  As a college student, ranting about the weather doesn't exactly make me the hippest person in the world.  The fact that I just used a form of the word "hip" probably isn't helping my cause either...

Note:  If you are a coworker of mine, please let me know that you're reading this.  Better yet, avert your eyes and go to a different website.  :)  There's nothing to see here...

No comments:

Post a Comment