Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 25, 2011


I have to invent a word to describe how utterly disgusting the weather in Lincoln was today.  I think the most accurate word would be "sucktacular."  It was cold, it was misting/lightly raining the entire day, and gale force winds were knocking everyone sideways.  In other words, it was probably the worst possible conditions Mother Nature could have cooked up for the second day of the state golf tournament.  Miraculously, the weather did not hurt my brother or his team's level of play, and they ended up taking the state runner-up trophy.    Still, my condolences go out to all of the golfers and spectators that had to stand out in those awful conditions for 5 or more hours.

Though the outdoors conditions were depressing, today wasn't all bad.  It was the last day of my job training!  I got to stay indoors during training, so I had to face the nasty weather relatively little.  Also, it was nice to get everything squared away so we can all get into the swing of things and get on with our work schedules.  The crappy weather also gave me motivation to run a few errands since I had nothing better to do.   Now, I'm just crossing my fingers that the forecast for tomorrow holds true: 70 degrees and clear with a very low chance of precipitation.  I don't have to work tomorrow and I would really appreciate being able to be outside on my day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment