Monday, May 16, 2011

May 15, 2011-Hello, All!


Hey, everyone!  You are reading the first official post of the second summer of Lincoln "Skyline" Project.  Today, I got back from my short vacation back in Grand Island and was able to take the first window shot of the year.  I snapped a picture earlier in the day, but it was so gloomy that I was pleased to do a retake when the clouds broke.  It really wasn't a horrible day (weather-wise) after the sun came out, but I can't say I spent much time enjoying the sun.  After I unpacked and arranged my room,  I forced myself to take a 3-hour power doze (because I can never properly nap) in preparation for my overnight shift.  As I type this, I am about 20 minutes into my first 6-hour shift of the summer. Unfortunately, my first shift is also the mutually despised midnight to 6 a.m. shift.  I evaded this particular block of time last summer, but I obviously wasn't so lucky this year.   I'm feeling quite awake right now, but I fear for my physical and mental state come 4:30 a.m.  We'll see how it goes!

As I said in a previous post, regular posting will now resume.  Expect many pictures and--if you're lucky--more stories of ferocious thunderstorms and epic air conditioning failures!

No comments:

Post a Comment