Monday, June 21, 2010

June 21, 2010





The first official day of Summer 2010 started off with a bang--literally. As you can see in picture 1, that is the cloud I saw moving in only about a half hour before I had to be at an early morning shift. I ended up waiting it out and being a little late because this storm was nasty. Extremely close, sharp lightning, pouring rain, and high winds were all present, and there is no way I was walking in that mess. A few of my brave coworkers actually walked out in the bad weather, but I was too chicken to do the same.

After the stormy start to the day, however, everything cleared off, and it turned into a sunny, hot day. It was very summer-ish... We may get more storms overnight, but I don't really care as long as I don't have to walk to work or class in any of them tomorrow morning. I feel like my car is safe now (I upgraded to a garage permit after that hailstorm yesterday), so I have some peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment