Saturday, June 12, 2010

June 12, 2010






So...last night was rather stormy. Incredibly sharp lighting and deafening thunder woke me up at about 3 a.m., but I'm not sure that Lincoln actually got much rain. It was still raining a little when I first woke up around 8 a.m., but by 10 a.m. the sun was peeking out and everything was drying off. The rest of the morning and early afternoon was quite nice, with low (well, low compared to the past couple days) humidity and pretty sunshine. It started to cloud over later in the afternoon, and it just generally looked gloomy outside. There was a huge chance of rain all day, but so far we haven't seen a drop of that in Lincoln...

Also, during a telephone conversation with my mother, she mentioned that this is turning into a hair day blog as much as a weather/photography blog. I wanted to address that because--for me--weather and hair are very closely tied together. This is pathetic, but the first thing I do in the morning is check the dew point to help me decide how I'm going to do my hair that day. Why? Because my hair reacts very poorly to humidity. 70% or higher, and it's all poof and frizz...

No comments:

Post a Comment