Sunday, June 20, 2010

June 20, 2010





Well, it was a stormy day from start to finish. There was a brief period of time in the morning when I fit in a quick walk before my long, excruciatingly boring desk shift from noon to 6 p.m., but I woke up to thunder and rain (pic 1 is right as the sky was clearing this morning). I arrived back from my walk about 15 minutes before another storm (which resulted in Lancaster county being put in a Severe Thunderstorm Warning). I went to my desk shift, where I was on edge for the first three hours. The lightning was sharp and very close, and I really thought the power was going to go out. Then, tonight, it started up again. Torrential rain, wind, and--for the first time--really big hail. Immediately after the hailstorm passed, I put my car in a nearby garage. I think my car escaped damage (I couldn't see any) during the first storm, but I wasn't taking any chances. There's a huge wall of red coming towards us now. It'll be too dark to take any pictures, but I still plan on watching the action. I hope it doesn't get TOO nasty around here.

1 comment:

  1. The middle photo looks like a scene from "Independence Day"!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete