Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 3, 2011


Today was a go, go, go kind of day.  I was pretty much busy doing something from the time I woke up until now.  Here's the rundown of my day: woke up, packed a few boxes of my stuff, went for a walk, took a shower, went to the Corner Deli on East Campus for the first time (quite good, I highly recommend it), packed some more, went to class, went to an "end-of-summer" banquet with my coworkers, and went straight to a desk shift after that.  All in all, it's been pretty packed.  The one thing I enjoyed, however, was that it was MUCH cooler outside today.  There was actually a cool breeze this morning.  A cool breeze!  The humidity was low, the temperature was much lower (high 80's), and it provided a lot of relief.  When you think about it, though, it's pretty sad when 87 degrees is considered "cool."

Anyway, the nice thing about the banquet was that it went until about 7 p.m.  That means I shaved an entire hour off of my last desk shift of the summer!  I know I should be bummed that I didn't get paid for that hour, but at this point in the summer I'm beyond caring about my paycheck.  So, in about 3.5 hours I'll be done with working at a desk, and tomorrow night will be my last duty shift of the year.  After that, it's time to move and get ready for RA training.  Thinking about the upcoming school year makes me simultaneously extremely excited and extremely anxious...

No comments:

Post a Comment