Saturday, August 13, 2011

August 13, 2011 Sunrise



Well, initially I thought my academic year room was going to suck as far as scenery goes.  I don't live on a high floor and my main view is a parking lot.  However, the past few mornings before RA training, I have discovered that I get to experience a decent sunrise view from my window.  Sunrise pictures from me have been extremely rare in the past.  I'm not exactly the type of person who gets up at 6 a.m. or earlier.  Today, though, I woke up a little early and glanced through my blinds to see this.  I was impressed, so I decided to snap a photo before going back to sleep for a couple hours.

Anyway, RA training has been hectic to say the very least.  I've never looked forward to class so much in my life.  I'm just ready to meet the girls on my floor, get the first weekend out of the way, and get a regular schedule rolling.  Today we had a slight break because we went to Mahoney State Park with RAs from the same complex.  I would describe Mahoney as a "city person's state park".   To me, a state park is a little more wild: less mowed lawns, no chlorinated pools, no driving range or mini golf, etc.  My favorite parts of the park were the observation tower and the paddle boats.  The waterpark was fun, but GI has a far superior water park and that's something you can do in town.  I would have preferred something a little more woodsy, but it was still a fun day.  Tomorrow we (thank God), have the entire day off to chill or work on things.  I plan to get all of my floor crafts DONE tonight and early tomorrow. I am so sick of cutting paper....

No comments:

Post a Comment