Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 7, 2010



Today was a craptacular day as far as the weather concerned. It was incredibly humid all day (above 90%) and random showers popped up in the afternoon. In my infinite wisdom, I decided to go for a walk this afternoon. About halfway through, I got trapped in a church archway when it started pouring. After the rain started to lighten, I took off again. I managed to keep from getting completely soaked by walking under overhanging roofs that cover the sidewalk in much of downtown Lincoln. Unfortunately, the closer I got to campus, the harder the rain got. I ended up surrendering and walking the rest of the way back to my dorm out in the open. I got soaked, but I had time to change and wring out my hair before the staff meeting.

I can't complain about the situation too much, though, since it was my fault I got stuck in the rain in the first place. I guess I can look back on it as an interesting experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment