Friday, July 16, 2010

July 16, 2010



I'm posting this entry a little early today because I doubt I'll have time later. I have work and class today, so I'm a little short on time. Anyway, it appears to be a nice day so far. The Special Olympics athletes and coaches will be checking in today, so by the end of the day we should have about 4,000 people staying on campus. That's not counting the 30,000 people that are expected to be in town over the next week to watch the Games. It should be a busy and interesting week...

Fun Fact: According to my boss, the 2010 Special Olympics here in Lincoln is going to be the biggest sporting event that takes place in North America this year (in terms of the number of athletes competing). Even bigger than the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver!

No comments:

Post a Comment