Thursday, October 1, 2015

Total Lunar Eclipse September 27, 2015

I haven't posted in quite some time due to the fact that I'm in a whirlwind of busyness with my first year of teaching.  Things have been going alright.  Some days are better than others, that's for sure!  

Anyway, I haven't had a ton of time for photography recently, but my brother, fiancé, and I went out near Bennington the other night to watch the lunar eclipse.  I've never actually viewed one before, so I was pretty impressed by the phenomenon.  It was made more interesting by the fact that this was a rare combination of a supermoon and an eclipse.  Apparently, that's not set to happen again until the 2030's.  

I don't have the most high-powered lens in the world, but I did managed to get a few shots.  The first is an individual shot of the eclipse at its peak.  The second photos shows a few progression shots of the eclipse over time.  Finally, the last shot displays the amount of light pollution in the Omaha area.  I was pointing my camera west (away from Omaha) and still had a ton of light showing up.  Just goes to show that you have to get pretty far out into "nowhere" before you can get a truly good look at the sky.





No comments:

Post a Comment