Saturday, October 3, 2015

September Summary

Howdy,

Since I have been in a whirlwind of activity for the past two months and because I failed to post at all in September, I thought I'd do a quick "summary" post of the month.

In terms of weather, September was very warm and rainy, which is not always typically.  The last time I remember a rainy September like this was my freshman year of college.  We consequently had a horrible winter with tons of snow, which makes me wonder if the same thing is on the way this year....  As a teacher, I have to say that there would be some major benefits to snow days as long as they don't get so out of hand we have to extend the school year...

As far as my work/personal life goes, things have been incredibly stressful.  I feel like a chicken with my head cut off most days because I have such an insane amount of stuff to do.  You're literally never caught up as a teacher, especially not as a new teacher.  At any given time, there are 400 things you COULD be doing.  Though it goes against my natural tendencies as a "to do" list type of person, I've honestly been letting some of the less important stuff slide.  It sounds awful, but it's the only way to survive.  As a coworker puts it, I kill the closest "shark" to the boat....

Anyway, here are several Instagram shots from September.  Though from Instagram, many of these are taken with my dSLR.  A couple of them were even taken with my new wide angle lens.  I"m still figuring out how to use that effectively.  I apologize for the inordinate amount of "path" pictures. One of the few recreational activities I have time for anymore is going for a decompression walk after school.

An path that cuts through the middle of a couple west Omaha neighborhoods.

Standing Bear walkway

As you can see, my brother (roommate) and I have differing lifestyles.  I won't lie and say it doesn't drive me up the wall when the mess spills out of his room and into common areas.

A lake path near Omaha.  I can't even remember the name of the park...

Sunset burst over west Omaha

Evidence that fall is nearing....

One of my fiancé (the coach on the sideline) coaching middle school football

Another of the coach

From the time we drove all the way to Westroads' parking garages to save my fiancĂ©'s new car from potential hail.  This was an odd problem to have in September.
Another path at Standing Bear...

Yet another path...this time at Zorinski Lake

The trails at 144th Street

Standing Bear

A leaf bug I had to chase away from my plants...

Glowy sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment