Saturday, October 31, 2015

October is nearing an end....

Well, 'tis Halloween and the last day of October.  I have to be honest, though October is typically one of my favorite months, this one left much to be desired.  The weather was great and the fall colors were beautiful, but stress was at a high point at work.  The students I teach haven't had a true break since early September, and they are in desperate need of one.  It was just a long haul, and I'm glad I'll start Monday in November.  Parent teacher conferences are this week, which is (strangely) a relief. It means only three days of regular class, which will give students some time away.... and the teachers time away from them.  It's funny how everyone's face reads "FATIGUE" these days.

Anyway, as I mentioned, fall is out in full force.  I tried to get outside as much as possible to take advantage of photography opportunities.  Here are a few mixed Instagram and "nice camera" shots I took around Omaha:


Tropical, very non-autumn plants in the greenhouse at Lauritzen Gardens.

Indoors at Lauritzen Gardens

Wide angle shot of a fountain at the greenhouse

Another wide angle shot of the tropical-ness

Stones under the pond...how serene.

Mums...the quintessential fall flower.

Red....

Trains!  

Not sure what these are, but they're interesting.

Memorial Park looking gorgeous on a fall night.

Another shot of Memorial Park.

Bright leaves...

West Maple after a rain storm I got caught in..... I got stuck on a trail with no real roof to stand under...it was special.  I had to call my brother to come get me because the rain wouldn't stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment