Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Omaha Life Thus Far (July 7, 2015)

I haven't ironed out walking routes or paths just yet, but I did discover some cool areas for potential photography around Standing Bear Lake.  I didn't have my nice camera with me, but I did take a few shots with my cell phone.

I also had the pleasure of being able to see a fireworks show hosted by Champions Run golf course.  They put on a pretty impressive show.  I can't even imagine how much it must have cost!

Anyway, my brother (my roommate this year) and I have mostly been doing a lot of exploring of Omaha and our apartment facilities.  I've taken advantage of the pool several times, he's used the raquetball court, and we went mall hopping yesterday.  I'm slowly getting the hang of Omaha driving.  I got so used to Lincoln, but Omaha is an entirely different animal.  To quote a comedian I saw at the Funny Bone a couple years ago, "Dodge Street is not for beginners."

Well, here are a couple of the shots I have so far.  With any luck, more will be on the way!

Cool looking blue fireworks....
My favorite of the fireworks shots I got on the Fourth of July.




Boaters at Standing Bear Lake

Wildlfowers

Even more wildflowers

A little pond off to the side of the lake

No comments:

Post a Comment