Thursday, July 9, 2015

July 9, 2015

Well, with our ridiculous amount of free time before the school year starts, my brother and I decided to check out the Henry Doorly Zoo.  I was just there last year, but figured it was still worth it to go.  The zoo is never boring for me!  It was an abnormally cool day for mid-July (only in the mid-70's), so I thought it would be a great opportunity.  Usually, the zoo is insanely hot with 80% humidity, so I wanted to take advantage of the nicer weather.

We avoided the areas that we've seen since we were kids and that don't change much, such as the Lied Jungle and the aquarium.  It's not that those areas aren't cool, they're just kind of old hat at this point.  Instead, we went to the desert dome, cat house, ape house, petted stingrays, and went over to see the giraffes.  After a couple hours, we were way too tired to make the trek out to the rhinos, we packed made the treacherous (for out-of-towners) drive back to our part of Omaha.

Here are a few pictures from the day.  I didn't get too snap happy this time.  

A klipspringer contemplating jumping over the fence.

A wide shot of the desert dome.

Desert dome ceiling and fake cliffs.

Leaves and more of the ceiling that fascinated me.

A peacock taking advantage of spilled popcorn.

More desert dome

The Skyfari...the line was way too long for us to attempt a ride.

A derpy looking snow leopard sitting in a box.

A tiger looking majestic.

A vulture...creepy but also strangely cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment