Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July 7, 2014 Storms and Sunset

Yesterday gave me the opportunity to get some shots that actually contribute to the original purpose of this blog.  For whatever reason, the storms (non-severe storms) that rolled through yesterday were the perfect type for interesting cloud and sunset photos.

I feel like recently every time storms have come in, the sky has already been cloudy or just ugly.  It's been awhile since I have seen truly interesting and spectacular cloud formations in Lincoln.  There were a lot of storms that went through while I was in Europe, so perhaps I missed many other opportunities.

Anyway, I looked out my window yesterday while my sister and I were waiting around for supper to be ready.  I gasped to see extremely unusual gray cloud formations ahead of a few storms that were coming in from the northwest.  We jumped up and went out to take some pictures.

Later, as the storms were leaving the area, I noticed the glowing light and figured there may be a few more interesting photo opportunities.  I looked outside to see a gold glow in the air and a huge double rainbow. I won't post any rainbow pics because they aren't that amazing.  I haven't figured out exactly how to get full rainbow pictures yet.  I have a wide-angle lens attachment, but I didn't experiment with it in the moment.

A kid from my apartment building saw me taking pics and told me that it looks even cooler "out on West O Street".  I packed up my sister to go investigate.  We quickly realized we would not make it out to West O, and went to the 17th and R parking garage instead.  She quickly regretted her decision to not bring her camera to Lincoln.  I felt bad for her, but I was also glad that I would have the opportunity to use my new camera to capture something cool.

Below are a few of the pictures I got yesterday.  I love sunsets and weather like this.













No comments:

Post a Comment