Saturday, June 27, 2015

June 25-26, 2015

As discussed in my last post, I've been trying to make the most of my time in Lincoln and all of my familiar walking and photography spots before I leave.  I was able to catch some neat shots in the pollinator garden along the Antelope Creek walking trails, flowers close to Sheldon Art Museum on campus, and a beautiful sunset.

I was proud of all of these shots for different reasons.  The pollinator garden photos I took a couple days ago were much better than ones I took last year.  The lighting was better, the garden is more established, and I feel like my photography skills have progressed.  The art museum photo thrilled me not only because I liked the shot, but because it got picked up by the official UNL Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.  I felt social media famous for a day.  Finally, I was proud of the sunset shot because I took it when my camera was on its last minutes of battery life.  I thought I was screwed when I saw the flashing battery sign, but I managed to conserve energy long enough to get the shot I wanted.

Here they are!





No comments:

Post a Comment