Thursday, May 7, 2015

May 7, 2015 Lincoln Flooding (Part II)

I ventured my way towards south Lincoln following the trails.  I stumbled upon lots of other areas where the trails were blocked, where there were basically rapids (due to fast flowing water), and plenty of areas of standing water.  I took a few pictures at Holmes Lake as seen below. The baseball field, parking lots, bridges, roads, and several other areas within the park were totally flooded.  No tree in this area are going to need watered for a very long time...





Also, as a side story, my sister and I found an adorable family of ducks yesterday before the rain started.  When I started seeing tweets showing major flooding in the trails close to campus, I worried that the duck family may have gotten washed away.  I drove over to the area in search of the ducklings, and was relieved to find them a little downstream of where they had been previously.  The mother duck clearly knows what she's doing.  All 12 ducklings were seemed safe, healthy, and happy as ever...

Additionally, it appears that ducks have taken over the city of Lincoln.  They're in every puddle and seem thrilled with the new lake-like conditions all over town.  Geese seem equally pleased...


No comments:

Post a Comment