Sunday, November 9, 2014

Free Day at Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo

I know this isn't technically series of photos from Lincoln, but I found it worth posting.  Today was a free admission day at the Omaha Zoo, so my boyfriend and I went early to beat the crowds.  It didn't get busy until we left after 12 p.m. or so, so we were able to wander the zoo in relative peace.

I've never been to the zoo in the fall, but it was a nice change compared to the blistering heat of the summer.  I didn't feel like dying of dehydration as we walked all over the park.  Everything was cool, but I really enjoyed the big cats.  I was pretty amazed by the size of the lions and tigers.  It's easy to forget how large some of the animals are until you're within arm's reach of one.

Anyway, here are a few shots from the day.  We didn't stay to see the entire zoo, but saw most of the highlights.









No comments:

Post a Comment