Monday, June 23, 2014

Spain/Italy Trip (Part 1)

Howdy!

It has been awhile since I initially promised to post cool pictures.  I'll start posting them a little bit at a time along with explanations as to what they are and where I've been.  The trip to Europe was an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and I'm so happy that I was able to go.  At the same time, the entire trip made me appreciate certain things about the United States and Nebraska.  Europe is gorgeous, but I was SO ready to return home by the end.  I missed the good ol' USA.

To start, here are a few plane shots.  This trip was the first time since the eighth grade that I had flown anywhere, so initially it was a tad nerve-wracking.  Plane rides across the ocean are especially disturbing when you aren't used to air travel.  I had an overnight from Philadelphia to Spain and I'm positive that that's the worst night of sleep I've ever had in my life.  The seat belt bell kept binging, there was turbulence, the plane seats were unbearably uncomfortable, and I was too excited about landing to get a wink of sleep.  I would estimate a total of an hour of dozing the entire flight.  As a result, I felt like a zombie for the first day of touring in Madrid.  The dark circles under my eyes were so intense that it looked like I had been punched in the face...twice.

All that aside, the clouds and horizon views from the plane were awe-inspiring and beautiful.  I managed to get a few photos, but none of them fully capture what I could see in the moment.  The following photos show views from the plane, including the landing in Madrid.

That's all for tonight!  I'll fill in more about the trip a little later on as I have time.  I've been pretty swamped with graduate school homework, so it has been hard to get around to any posts.









No comments:

Post a Comment